Candidates will be evaluated on their professional merits and successful experience that demonstrates a good match for the district, with emphasis on the following, specified by the Board of Education. The Superintendent or our district should be an educational leader who:
- acts with integrity, fairness and in an ethical manner.
- has solid abilities in human relations with excellent organization and communication skills.
- promotes the success of every student by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared by all stakeholders.
- ensures the management of the organization, operations, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- has a willingness to embrace change and a proven track record in implementation and use of technology.
- has the ability to maximize financial and human resources in support of educational programs in the district.
Experience as a superintendent desired but not required.
The superintendent does not have to live in the district.
Salary will be regionally competitive.
How to Apply
All applicants must have the following documents in the Rome District Office by Noon (CST) October 31, 2019 in order to be considered.
- A formal letter of application indicating a desire to be a candidate for the position.
- A formal resume that includes a summary of achievements in administrative positions, educational vision and goals, personal leadership philosophy, and reasons for your interest in this position.
- At least three recent letters of reference dated within the last three years.
- Copy of official transcripts from each college/university attended (official copies will be required if offered the position).
- Proof of qualification and certification to be a superintendent in the State of Illinois (copy of administrative certificate with all related endorsements) or other evidence showing qualification to be a superintendent in another state.
Mail documents to Rome CCSD 2, Attention: Erik Estill, 233 W. South St., Dix, IL, 62830, or email the documents to Erik Estill at email@example.com